9.10.2003

We had the Metafilter meetup last Saturday. It was a pretty good time, though I did eventually punch my roommate in the skull. I don't remember why I was so upset, but it did have something to do with Zaireeka and synchronizing it. Alcohol, blech. I should give that crap up.

I met a girl there, and in the smoky stone basement bar, I thought I would date her. It's the first time I've thought that in a very long time. We talked for much of the night, and even discovered we have a few mutual friends. Madison is an interesting town like that; you meet someone new, find out where they went to school, and it turns out you've got a handful of shared friends.

Of course, I was drunk, and I don't remember a lot of what we talked about. It was just nice.

Just like I can be mean, I can be self-conscious too, and it's good to connect with people from time-to-time. We probably won't ever see each other again. Really, I don't know how I feel about all of this. I guess I feel like I had a good time, and now that good time is over.

This is what it's like to be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home