1.13.2003

I've got an idea for a song, but I need to learn how to play bass before I can make it pan out. Also, I doubt it would fit into polka paradigm of Polkapocalypse. Sheesh. I'm already looking to the future and other possibilities.

Interrobang was very right when he said we should try to break beyond polka. I'm itching to do some other stuff. And it isn't calypso.

Everyone laughed and picked on me when I said I'd walk if we played World Music, but I really did mean what I said. I don't think Polka is "World Music," but going in a bland, generic, multicultural direction is entirely the wrong approach for our band. We've got a lot of talent, and could be highly idiosyncratic. It would be a waste of our time to adopt the stylings of failed foreign artists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home