8.12.2002

I've been swamped with work, and away from regular 'net connections, so I'm falling far behind in this record. But I got up that thing about Ramanujan, who I'm fascinated with, and I'm at least even with the current at work, so I feel no guilt in posting this. I've got what I guess you could call a girlfriend, it happened over the weekend. I attended a small barbecue (which did seem a bit contrived - I'm looking at you, interrobang), and she was there, and the chemistry was right. Even so, I felt like a big dork, because that's just how I feel in those small, intimate encounters when I'm into someone and haven't the backbone to say anything about it. But I drank a lot, and following several malt liquors, bottled Hubers, and glasses of port, I confessed that I'd had a crush on her since I met her two years ago - when she lived with my sister. There have been a lot of problems in my life over the past year. Some of them will continue to dog me, and I cannot back down from these. But this is such a bright spot. It's not even been 48 hours, and I'm smiling all over. Here's to mango smoothies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home